- Tester registers and pays testing fee online at www.gedtestingservice.com
- Fees may be paid by credit card or voucher
- Test may be taken at any Illinois GED CBT site.
- Tester receives an immediate unofficial score report
- Scoring is uploaded to GEDTS & Illinois Scoring Database(SDB)
- Transcripts/Certificates may be picked up in person at the ROE.
- ROE accesses ILSDB to enter Constitution Testing information, verify GED scores and issue certificate/transcript
- Tester must contact ROE of residence to order Certificate/Transcript, take constitution test or provide proof of having passed and pay fees. $10.00 for a certificate and $10.00 for a transcript.
- An individual is eligible to take the GED Test given they meet all of the follwoing conditions:
- 18 years of age or older
- does not have a high school diploma or GED credential and is not currently enrolled in a secondary school
- is a resident of the State of Illinois
- NOTE: *If an individual is 17 years old and ahs benn enrolled in a public, private, or a home school setting in the last 12 months, they must present a withdrawal letter from the last school enrolled in before taking the GED tests. If homeschooled, they must also provide a letter from the person responsible for the homeschooling stating the program has been completed, the individual is no longer required to be homeschooled, and the individual has been cleared to take the GED
Contact SWIC (618.235.2700 x.5525) for information or assistance.
- Special accommodation are applied for online at www.gedtestingservice.com
- Forms are online. Print and complete forms per directions. Fax or email forms to GED Testing Service.
- Candidate will be notified by email that accommodation decision is reached
- Candidate will call GEDTS to discuss the decision and schedule the test.