The St. Clair County Regional Office of Education provides educational support service, programs, and resources to the k-12 schools in St. Clair County, Illinois. Assistance is offered through workshops, conferences, onsite visits, dissemination of information, technical assistance, and other programs.
- Location: 1000 South Illinois St., Belleville IL, 62220
- Phone: (618) 825-3900 Fax: (618) 825-3999
- 8 a.m. - 4:30 PM Monday-Friday
Regional Office Services
- Teacher Certification
- Professional Development Activities
- Truancy and Attendance Initiative
- Health/Life Safety
- Bus Driver Training
Responsibilities of the Regional Office of Education
- Responding to questions and concerns, including but not limited to school law issues, from parents, teachers, administrators, boards of education, and other citizens.
- Issuing, registering, and renewing teacher certificates.
- Providing G.E.D. transcripts and certificates.
- Conducting professional growth opportunities.
- Reviewing area school budgets, audits, and financial reports.
- Conducting public school building inspections and verifying compliance with building codes.
- Assist local schools with other needs and requirements.